- Tweeze, wax, or dye brows for 2 days prior
- Tint eyebrows for 2 weeks post procedure
- Have Electrolysis 1 week prior
- Remove hair removal for at least for 2 weeks
- If you have had Botox, we require that you wait until it has worn off and you need to have it done again
- If you plan to do Botox, get your permanent makeup first, and then schedule your Botox.
Prior to your procedure refrain from consuming:
- Alcohol (48 hours)
- Marijuana (48 hours)
- Nicotine (30 minutes before the procedure)
- Painkillers and anti-inflammatories (48 hours)
- Vitamin E Oil Capsules (7 days)
- Fish Oil Capsules (7 days)
- Antibiotics (7 days)
- Hormone Therapy Pills
- Blood Thinners (7 Days)
Prior to your procedure avoid:
- Energy drinks
- Green tea or any herbs (3 days prior to your procedure)
- Antibiotics or hormonal therapy
If you have been diagnosed with cancer we recommended that you get permanent makeup BEFORE you start any cancer treatment. If you have already started your cancer treatment please wait until any your treatments are fully completed if you choose to have a procedure done after. Be aware that women that are on or near their menstrual cycle tend to bleed a bit more during the procedure, and numbing agents sometimes do not take as well to women who are menstruating. If you are prone to cold sores, please get a prescription from your doctor and begin taking the medication a minimum of 3 days before the procedure and 3 days after the procedure (for any type of permanent cosmetics, not just for the lips.) If you already have COLD SORES, please wait at least two weeks before ANY procedure or until they have cleared up completely.
Many people in Las Vegas have water softeners in their homes. If this is your case, we recommend that you get a gallon of distilled water to use to clean the area.
Before the day of your procedure please purchase a small bottle of Grape Seed Oil or a tube of Aquaphor (to be used during After Care for all procedures except Eyeliner).
The treatment should be postponed until these conditions are taken care of:
- Acute herpes
- Plastic surgery
- Local infection
- Fresh scars
- Infection from bacteria, fungi, and viruses
- Had botox in the last three weeks
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Skin irritation or psoriasis near the treated area
Semi-permanent makeup is NOT POSSIBLE:
- Skin abnormalities in the treatment zone
A letter from your doctor MUST be shown:
- Extremely high blood pressure
- Chronic diseases
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- A pacemaker or a major heart condition
- Had an organ transplant
Eyebrow After Care
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW…
v 70% of the healed result depends on you and your discipline to maintain correct post-partum instructions as recommended by your technician.
v Semi-Permanent make-up will look very dark and distinct immediately after treatment. The intense color with the new shape of treated area might be slightly overwhelming. Remember the color will fade 40-50% and will look much more natural when healed. Also, a bit of redness and swelling are to be expected immediately after treatment. It only lasts for 3-4 hours.
TAKE HOME INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing Baroque Beauty Center for your Microblading experience. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions listed below to assure the best results for your procedure. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a loss of Pigments and may incur Additional Charges.
• First day for dry, normal skin
Rinse the eyebrows with warm water and neutral soap, without stretching the skin. Circle gently on the eyebrows until clean skin is felt under the fingertips. After rinsing, you use Grape Seed Oil, Vaseline, Aquaphor, or any type of Pantenol, Jecoderm. The first process of rinsing and application should be done half an hour after the treatment. During the day, this process should be repeated 4-5 times. After the last rinsing, before going to sleep cover the treated eyebrows. Place transparent film and fixate with a clean kerchief, sleeping mask, hairband, etc.
• First day for oily skin
Rinse like you do with regular skin, but avoid ointments such as Grape Seed Oil, Vaseline, Jecoderm, Aquaphor, or Pantenol. Rinsing and application is repeated 4-5 times during the first day.
• 2ndday – 14th day for all types of skin
Apply a thin layer of ointment without rinsing and without putting on film.
• 7 days after treatment for all types of skin
Protect your eyebrows from the sun by applying Sun Protection.
• 2-3 weeks after treatment
Avoid the application of powder, makeup, and cream with active ingredients over the eyebrows, exposure to sun, bathing in public water, strong/rigorous exercise with profuse sweating, sauna, solarium, etc.
• 4-8 weeks After Initial Session
TOUCH UP – 2nd Session must be completed between 4-8 Weeks after Initial Session. If the 2nd Session is completed after 8 weeks (or more) of the initial session, an additional fee will be charged.
Please aim to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, it may not be possible to extend the time available for your booked service: if your service is shortened due to your late arrival you will be charged the full cost of the service.
Changing Your Appointment:
48 hours’ notice is required to reschedule or cancel a booked appointment. If 48 hours’ notice is not received, the full procedure price will be charged.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE AVOIDED DURING THE FIRST 2 WEEKS AFTER MICROBLADING PROCEDURE:
- Do not touch your eyebrows for 3 days. Before you wash your eyebrows, hands must be washed with anti-bacterial soap.
- Touching of the eyebrow area is prohibited except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- (Do not double dip the cotton swab.)
- Do not allow heavy water pressure on your eyebrows for 10 days.
- No eyebrow waxing or threading for 7 days. Tweezers can be used.
- Avoid exercise and heavy sweating for the first 3-5 days.
- Practicing Sports
- Swimming (Especially Salt Water)
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning. Must use a hat if in the sun.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing RetinA or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck. Also avoid any beauty treatments such as facials, massages, lash extensions, etc., for 7 days.
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Spicy foods
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Avoid makeup on and around the brow area.
- Many people in Las Vegas have water softeners in their homes. If this is your case, we recommend that you get a gallon of distilled water and use to clean the area.
PLEASE NOTE: What to expect after Microblading or Eyebrow Shading Procedures…
- Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first 7-10 days. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
- You may have slight swelling and/or redness for 3-4 hours following the procedure.
- The first 3 days after the initial procedure, the color will be a shade too dark; 6 days later it will appear lighter, then after 10 days the color will appear more natural. Please be patient, healing can take up to a month.
- It will appear softer when completely healed because the color will come from the dermal layer of the skin to the epidermal layer of the skin.
- The brows are approximately 40 to 50% darker and bolder in the width than they will be when healed. There is some swelling, although it is difficult to actually see due to the thickness of the skin in the eyebrow area. This will subside. Exfoliation, which begins in a few days, will cause the excess pigment surrounding the eyebrow procedure to flake away and produce a narrower appearance of your eyebrows. Don’t be concerned that your eyebrows initially appear darker and heavier in size then you desire. This is all part of the process.
- The client shall consult a health care practitioner at the first sign of infection or an allergic reaction, and report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from your procedure to Alina/Antonio at Baroque Beauty Center.
Touch Up Policy & After Care Instructions
70% of the healed result depends on you and your discipline to maintain correct post-partum instructions as recommended by your technician.
Everyone’s skin heals differently and most clients develop patchy areas or the appearance of fading after the first treatment. It is important to understand that this is a two-part process. The second part of the process, the Touch Up Treatment, will complete the procedure and after healing, you will see the finished result
Touch Up session must be completed between 4-8 weeks after the initial procedure. Please note Touch Ups that occur after 8 weeks of the initial procedure must be assessed by your technician and will be incur an additional charge. Prices may vary depending on length of time and care between visits.
Please keep in mind, all Aftercare Instructions must be followed completely and Touch Up sessions must be done in a timely manner. If they are not, the Microblading Procedure you have purchased may have to completely be redone and the Full-Service Price will be charged.
Ombre / Powder Brows
Do not dye, wax, tweeze, or use electrolysis for 2 weeks in the cosmetic tattoo area. You can tweeze outside around the permanent makeup.
Day 1: 30 minutes after your procedure and then every hour for 4 hours, clean with wet cotton pad, using medium pressure to remove the lymph (oozing).
Wash your brows with soap if you feel dry lymph.
Be sure your eyebrows are absolutely dry and stop oozing before going to sleep.
Day 2-10: Apply a very thin layer of Grape Seed Oil, Aquaphor, or Vaseline 2-3 times a day.
When scab is cracked, do not scratch or remove it. This action can create micro- scars.
Touch Up: 6-8 weeks after initial procedure